Greetings From Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d!z@y

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hei All,

Greetings from the tiny island of Singapore. We are a small airport emergency response outfit which cater to aircraft ditching incident. We're in the process of purchasing OTS u/w comms system. being a 1st time user, we are really have little idea wat to expect.

anyone care to share their experiencew, procedures, ppt slides, lecture materials, etc? this would be really a great help to us.

Cheers and dive safe everyone!

Hello d!z@y,

First thing is for all that are diving to review the user manuals that come with the equipment. Next, reserve the swimming pool. For the first day, relax and dive the equipment with no other tasks to do. Start in the shallow end with the masks. Insure that they are properly donned and adjusted. Which equipment are you looking at purchasing? Which mask and communications system? The key to using this equipment is practice and taking the time to learn it properly. Study the manual where it discusses the basics of sound in water. This will help get you started. You can also feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. I have some other material that you might find helpful.

John
OTS
jhott@otscomm.com

First off congratulations on your new equipment! As a public safety diver who has been using the Interspiro AGA mask and OTS communications equipment for almost nine (9) years it has changed my entire diving experience. I will be a tremendous asset to you and your team members. John was our instructor for our team when we purchased our gear back in 2000. He also taught a few of us our Interspiro technician class.(Something I highly recommend for all who are going to be using the mask) He offered some great advice and for me the part about just using the mask so you can be as comforatable with it as you are with your current mask and regulator. The more familiar you become with it the less you are distracted by it when you are diving. From my experience donning, doffing and clearing are very easy. The toughest task for me was equalizing. At first I thought it was the nose block system but I soon realized that I was actually pushing the mask too hard and was preventing the nose block from creating a proper seal. I actually would practice out of the water with the regulator removed from the mask. Now I do it without even thinking.

Best of luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

Mark D.

Thanks Guys. We r getting the SSB2001, STX101M & Gold Silicone PP w EMA, ABV, etc. We have much very much learn abt the underwater comms. Our supplier has included some training session w us. We'll started in the pool and progress to the open waters. Thr aso basic maintenance session thrown in as well.

Back
Top Bottom