Greetings from South Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanEyes

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Howdy ScubaBoard members. Though I’ve been diving for several decades and make my living in the ocean, these forums are new to me. I was directed here by a friend, spent some spare time looking around, and decided to join up. I’ve found much of the discourse to be helpful, civil, and mostly good natured, so perhaps I’ll be able to contribute and become a somewhat active and productive member here.

I’ve been a dive instructor for over 20 years, but aside from teaching master classes in underwater photography, I don’t plan to do too much more instructing. Unless I’m diving with very young or inexperienced divers, I don’t go into the water without a camera.

Hi PeterNBiddle.

I recently upgraded to my current digital, full-frame sensor Nikon D800 cameras in Nauticam housings. They replaced Nikon D2X's and Nexus housings. I've been using Inon Z240 strobes for the past several years. I'll retain the D2X's for a while as back ups, but the D800's are my go-to tools. I've still got a few advertising clients who want film, so I still use a Mamia RZ67 on occasion. I love film, but had to face facts and allowed myself to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the digital age.
Cheers,
OceanEyes

Welcome, OceanEyes!

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

howdy and welcome......

Hi PeterNBiddle.

I recently upgraded to my current digital, full-frame sensor Nikon D800 cameras in Nauticam housings. They replaced Nikon D2X's and Nexus housings. I've been using Inon Z240 strobes for the past several years. I'll retain the D2X's for a while as back ups, but the D800's are my go-to tools. I've still got a few advertising clients who want film, so I still use a Mamia RZ67 on occasion. I love film, but had to face facts and allowed myself to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the digital age.
Cheers,
OceanEyes

Welcome! That sounds like a really nice rig! I shoot a D800 myself... just not UW! Love the body, and those huge RAW files! I would love to see some of your images.. if you have a site where they are publicly available?

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all.

Clownfish60, when I get a chance to figure out how to properly size and load images in the galleries, I'll post up some photographs, and drop you a PM to let you know that they are up and ready to view. As a new member, I'm a bit hesitant to list or link my own website until I figure out more about the hows and whys of the forums.

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all.

Clownfish60, when I get a chance to figure out how to properly size and load images in the galleries, I'll post up some photographs, and drop you a PM to let you know that they are up and ready to view. As a new member, I'm a bit hesitant to list or link my own website until I figure out more about the hows and whys of the forums.

Understood! I did check out the housings you use.. and they are nice! A little more than I can justify right now, but I suspect the "UW Photo bug" will bite me hard, lol! I did pick up a SeaLife DC1400 recently to play with and get back into UW photography with. So at least that will be fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom