Greetings From the Land of Winter Weather Alerts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you've been on Aggressor, I'd be interested in your reflections (and on your fav Grand Cayman dive sites).

Sun Dancer 2 (now renamed Belize Aggressor IV) (Belize) May 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...ving-belize-via-sun-dancer-2-may-2nd-9th.html
Cayman Aggressor IV May 2016 - http://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/cayman-aggressor-iv-trip-may-2016.527640/
Turks & Caicos Aggressor II Report Apr. 2018 - Turks & Caicos Aggressor II 4/21-4/28 Trip Report

Enjoyed my 3 Aggressor trips, and the Cayman Aggressor IV (now replaced with the V) was really nice. It doesn't feel like being packed in with strangers; it feels more like being at a scuba camp with happy people enthusiastic about indulging a shared passion in a great location. I'm an introvert and I had fun.

On a cruise stop I enjoyed a visit to the Turtle Farm and did a dolphin encounter there; both the Turtle Farm and 'exploitation' of marine mammals are controversial topics, so I'll just share that and let it go. IIRC, my Cayman Aggressor report included my notes from researching the Caymans as a dive destination, but it's a popular destination and there have been a lot of high-content posts on the forum since then.

Richard.

That was yesterday. It's a bit cooler today, but not too bad. You can always follow my weather here: Suwanee Countty, SE Weather | Personal Weather Station: KFLOBRIE4 by Wunderground.com | Weather Underground FWIW, here in Cave Country, the spring water is 72F year round.

Sun Dancer 2 (now renamed Belize Aggressor IV) (Belize) May 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...ving-belize-via-sun-dancer-2-may-2nd-9th.html
Cayman Aggressor IV May 2016 - http://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/cayman-aggressor-iv-trip-may-2016.527640/
Turks & Caicos Aggressor II Report Apr. 2018 - Turks & Caicos Aggressor II 4/21-4/28 Trip Report

Enjoyed my 3 Aggressor trips, and the Cayman Aggressor IV (now replaced with the V) was really nice. It doesn't feel like being packed in with strangers; it feels more like being at a scuba camp with happy people enthusiastic about indulging a shared passion in a great location. I'm an introvert and I had fun.

On a cruise stop I enjoyed a visit to the Turtle Farm and did a dolphin encounter there; both the Turtle Farm and 'exploitation' of marine mammals are controversial topics, so I'll just share that and let it go. IIRC, my Cayman Aggressor report included my notes from researching the Caymans as a dive destination, but it's a popular destination and there have been a lot of high-content posts on the forum since then.

Richard.

I'd be interested to know exactly what "cave county" is - what that means. You talking about diving spring water caves?

Thanks Richard - you're an introvert and found the Aggressor dives enjoyable. I'll definitely keep that in mind as the being on the water and being 24/7 in diving mindset (for a week anyway) does appeal to me.

I'd be interested to know exactly what "cave county" is - what that means. You talking about diving spring water caves?
Cave Country USA starts just North of Tampa and Extends North and West to just past Marianna. The High Springs through Luraville area is considered to be the "heart" as we're in the middle and have plenty of local caves to dive in. All are into the aquifer which makes them either springs, sumps or siphons. I am almost equidistant between The Peacock and Ginnie systems.

Cave Country USA starts just North of Tampa and Extends North and West to just past Marianna. The High Springs through Luraville area is considered to be the "heart" as we're in the middle and have plenty of local caves to dive in. All are into the aquifer which makes them either springs, sumps or siphons. I am almost equidistant between The Peacock and Ginnie systems.

Can you point me to any threads on this forum that will acquaint me with what Florida cave diving is all about - Why I would want to get into it as opposed to coral reefs or wrecks or ice diving or whatever, etc.? I'm intrigued but need a lot more information.

You can do a search here for cave diving, but it's one of those things that either captures your imagination or not. Go to Ginnie and dive the Ball Room for a small taste. Take a cavern course. You'll have far better trim and situational awareness if you do, so even if you don't like caverns or caves, it won't be a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom