Greetings from Toledo, Ohio, USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I just stumbled upon this board this AM. I recognize some familiar names from Dlink and RSD, but to those I have yet to **meet**, I will say a few things about myself.

I am a senior medical student at the Medical College of Ohio in Toledo. In three months I will graduate, and in 4 months I will start my training in general surgery. I have a good deal of interest in dive-related medicine and try to stay abreast of current topics. Married, no kids, one dog. I Have been diving since 1998, and my particular interest is shipwreck photography, but any diving is a good enough reason to get wet. I have been diving in Lake Huron, St. Clair River, Lake Erie, Atlantic Ocean off Rhode Island, North Carolina, and West Palm Beach, Grand Cayman, some of the Florida Springs (no cave diving, though), and Greece. Not to mention the drainage ditches, quarries and muddy rivers in my area. Out of the water, I enjoy fishing, duck hunting, bicycling, and reading (amateur history buff).

I look forward to meeting and chatting with all of you.

Take care,

Dan

Nice to see you here, too Dan.

Dan,
Welcome aboard, if you look here, there are more Doctors than at an AMA convention. This is really impressive. A place where John Doe can hang out and ask questions to some of the most brilliant minds in the field of Scuba Medicine.
Great tho have you here.

ID

Greetings Dan!

Look forward to your posts!

Welcome on board Dan--

can you give some more info on where you dive around Ohio (I'm in Columbus). I would like to go up to Erie this summer.

Glad to have you here.

Hi Kyle,
Most of my Ohio diving is done at Gilboa and Whitestar, though I don't frequently visit these quarrys much anymore. I have a boat on Lake Erie, used mostly for fishing, but most of the diving on the American side is super low-vis stuff. There are a couple wrecks around the islands that are of interest, but the bad vis and high boat traffic make diving them a hassle. The best diving on Lake Erie (Western Basin) is up near Point Pelee, southeast of the town of Leamington. Unfortunately, I don't have a permit to dive/boat in Ontario waters, so I haven't visited these sites. There are a number of boats that have permission and make the run from Port Clinton/Sandusky area. Of course, I'm sure there are canadian charters that will take you as well. I just haven't gotten around to diving the north shore. The Canadian shoreline is unique because the bottom is rocky, making for much better visibility than the rest of Western Lake Erie, which is mostly mud and silt.
I have been going north, to Lake Huron and the St. Clair River for most of my diving (not with my boat, but charters).
Take care,
Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom