Grenada??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lisa

Reaction score
I can get a good deal on a trip to Grenada, but I don't know much about the diving. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I love reefs with lots of fish, walls, swim-thrus like Cozumel, and if you throw in a couple turtles and rays I'm happy!

Thanks!

Hi Lisa,

You should enjoy Grenada. It's a lush tropical island with friendly people, good rum & just okay diving.

My last trip report on the venue is at home, and you may feel free to e-mail me for it.

Have a good time.

DocVikingo

Hi Lisa,

It's sent. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hiya,

Grenada has some good diving! Almost all diving is done from boats. Night diving somtimes from shore, but usually require a minimum amount of people for the dive. You can get everything from Wrecks - Bianca C' (18'000ton 600ft Cruisliner, 90-130ft), M/V Shakem (Sank under a year ago, 250ft cargo, 100ft max, nice wreck/reef dive), other include the Bucaneer, Twin Wrecks and Quarter Wreck.

Reefs - Deep to shallow, like the wrecks, fast drift, to slow dives. Shark reef - basking nurse sharks. Virgin diving up the north end - Isle de Rhonde, a day trip with 1-2 tanks incl. lunch.

Sister isle of Carriacou has 3 dive operations, mainly reef diving with trips to Isle de Rhonde as well (close than the Grenada dive operators). There are about 10 operators in all offering a range of services and prices. Usually from about 35Us/dive and 45 or more w/ equipment. Bianca C', for some reason is more, but not much a difference. Isle de Rhonde, a must do if you can, usually about 90-120/us for the whole trip - here a minimum of people is needed.

No chamber on the island. Nearest one is in Barbados, emergency protocols exist using low-altitude flights to the military operated chamber. This fact is pointed out in the release forms.

I will recommend , http://www.aquanautsgrenada.com/ as i have my best friend who works/teaches there (bias), they do a real nice service, have nice rental stuff and have nice dive boat. The also do liveaboard to the Grenadines (Islands between the north of Grenada and south of St.Vincent).

During your SI's, go do some tours, sightseeing of historical forts and buildings. Outdoor type? Do some hiking, ranges from easy hiking to heavy duty stuff. Recommend - Seven Sister Waterfalls, Mt.Qua Qua, Concord Falls, and Mt.St.Catherine - Grenada's highest peak. Check my site out at - http://www.geocities.com/hiking_grenada/

Warning - Hiking after Diving! I've known one person to get a slight touch of the bends after doing a deep dive and having a nice hike!

Loads of beaches, places to see and things to do.

Hope that helps!
Hope you come see this island paradise :wink:

Hi Aqua Buoy,

Really nice write up on Grenada & good for the archives, although Lisa'a post is from 10-31-01. Not sure it's going to help her much anymore.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo

I noticed this right after I posted it!!! OOOPS!!! Doh!!!

Whichever, let the info be for all.

And if there's any questions I can answer on diving on the island, or the island, just ask, I'll be glad to help out.

I will be working on an quick info site as of mid-may, try to post link here!

=-)

Originally posted by DocVikingo
Hi Lisa,

You should enjoy Grenada. It's a lush tropical island with friendly people, good rum & just okay diving.

My last trip report on the venue is at home, and you may feel free to e-mail me for it.

Have a good time.

DocVikingo

Your assessment is just about right-on, but (IMHO, of course) better rum yet is to be found in Barbados.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom