Grey Geo 2.0 replacement band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The space between the lug screw and the body is so tight. it can only fit probably a very thin 1mm strap with 20mm width. 20mm width strap is too small for such a big dive comp. 1mm zulu strap is not recommended for diving. I have invented an adapter which can take up 22mm width and 1.5mm thickness. I will be selling the adapter and the strap as a package. The standard strap lenght is 30cm which is good enough for weitsuit. I will also be supplying 45cm long strap to be used with dry suit. no more extension required.

I didn't have much problem at all mounting the Geo to a 1.5mm strap. In fact I did two. Plus I put a 1mm on my wife's. The 20mm straps work perfectly on the Geo.

Why is a 1mm strap not recommended for diving? It's probably 10 times as strong as the plastic piece of crap that comes with the computer, and probably strong enough to use as a tow-strap if your dive vehicle breaks down.

The space between the lug screw and the body is so tight. it can only fit probably a very thin 1mm strap with 20mm width. 20mm width strap is too small for such a big dive comp. 1mm zulu strap is not recommended for diving. I have invented an adapter which can take up 22mm width and 1.5mm thickness. I will be selling the adapter and the strap as a package. The standard strap lenght is 30cm which is good enough for weitsuit. I will also be supplying 45cm long strap to be used with dry suit. no more extension required.

That's all nonsense. 20mm is perfectly fine, and a 1.5mm strap fits fine between the pins and the body - a bit snug but fine (my zulu strap is 20mm x 1.5mm) pretty sure my wrist would break before the strap did. Plus the Geo isn't a very big dive computer anyway.

I don't have a 1mm strap for reference but I agree with the above, it's likely way stronger than the factory strap and possibly stronger than the pin in the buckle that keeps it closed - making its "weakness" irrelevant.

hi sean and dan,
i did try to fit the strap but it is just difficult but I manage to install the strap. the downside of it is that once you put it in, it will remains there and the change of strap will require removing the pins. I have came up with an adapter which can take up 22mm strap with a max of 1.8mm thickness. You can change your strap in just seconds. Please have a look at the pictures on my fb page https://www.facebook.com/bagusadapter. The adapter and the strap will be available for sale by end of august. Please check out index.

Last edited:
dear divers,
here are the pictures of bagus adapter for oceanic geo 1, geo 2, atom, aeris manta and f10. OCEANIC GEO SERIES 1.jpgOCEANIC GEO SERIES 2.jpg

It might be the same thing - hard to say as there's no brand listed.

I bought this one: maratac I believe the Nitrox exteme 17 version - extra long to fit around a 7mm suit plus 5mm glove. The "Bagus adapter" give you nothing but an alledged easier time threading the strap and an extra failure point. Admittedly it is a bit of work installing the strap as there is very little space between the pin and the body but it is plenty possible and you only have to do it once.

Having said all that I replaced my zulu strap with a couple loops of bungie cord and have never looked back.

Thanks, I might stick with Amazon. For Maratac:

International customers Currently not accepting international orders due to lost parcels, refused parcels, delayed parcels, intercepted parcels, and stolen parcels. There has been a recent increase in items not reaching their destination. Until we can find a shipping solution, we cannot ship to international destinations. APO, FPO and military mail is acceptable.

Thanks for info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom