Groups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed the "groups" were underutilized, many had only a few members. They were redundant to many forums and sub forums.

On the other hand Scubaboard is totally user driven, without users donating content it would be nothing. Something the Admin might want to consider when making changes to our beloved dive site. For example changing the name of the Rocky Mountain Oysters forum to Rocky Mountain Region without consulting the locals seems heavy handed and undemocratic.

I was a member of the "Nudibranch Lovers" group, so I've started a thread where we can post our photos and discuss all things Nudi. Who knows, if we generate enough interest maybe we can get our own Forum?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/marine-life-ecosystems/467232-nudibranch-lovers.html

Never again will I trust any website with 15 years of data and photos like I did Scubaboard. Not smart on my part. I should have known better. Scubaboard deleting data with no notice is within their rights but ethically its a SIGNIFICANTLY negative decision. Now, every time the word Scubaboard comes up I have to explain my position in regards to ethics and the type people and decisions that are behind Scubaboard....... Onwards

Never again will I trust any website with 15 years of data and photos like I did Scubaboard. Not smart on my part. I should have known better. Scubaboard deleting data with no notice is within their rights but ethically its a SIGNIFICANTLY negative decision. Now, every time the word Scubaboard comes up I have to explain my position in regards to ethics and the type people and decisions that are behind Scubaboard....... Onwards

Lee.

Take a breath....

I'm certainly confused how a guy who joined ScubaBoard 6 years ago has 15 years worth of data on a forum site that's only 13 years old??

But regardless. Read my other post, and if you desperately need your data that you didn't have a copy of anywhere else, it's not deleted, and I can certainly get it for you.

not desperate, keep what you took, forget the ethics, enjoy the bad press (there will be LOTS), and just be confused

Wow. Ok.

If you change your mind, and care to be civil, I can help you.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom