Guadalupe Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gjthomas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are scheduled to go to Guadalupe Island on the Solmar (Pacific Fleet), The Nautilus live aboard has already cancelled this 2021 season because the park remains closed. Solmar said they are waiting....waiting for what, I am not sure! Anyone else going? Thoughts?

I was scheduled to go there last July on Nautilus Belle Amie, then it was rescheduled to October this year and now rescheduled again for September 2022.

If Nautilus did that, why wouldn’t Solmar do the same?

We were also scheduled for last year, moved to this year. They said they want to wait and see what happens! They have had our money since 2018 and we requested a refund because some in our group cannot go in 2022, we were told there would be no refunds, they don’t have the funds. As you know, this is a very expensive 5 day trip. I’m genuinely concerned about their viability! They are now known as Pacific Fleet/Solmar.

Solimar, like the other boats alternate between Guadalupe and Socorro so they are not sitting idle. If not either site then they move to the La Paz and Gulf of Ca. as an alternate.

Yes, I was aware they move to other places. This will actually be our second trip on the Solmar to Guadalupe, if it happens. I’m just very concerned about their finances since they cannot offer refunds on money that they have of ours since 2018.

Very much agree!! And I can understand the angst. I am stuck in a similar situation with my Paul Gaugin Trip from Tahiti to Fiji. Originally was supposed to go from Fiji to Bali through the Solomon's last year. (Bucket List dive Trip) Canceled and rebooked and now cancelled again. They finally agreed to refund money. Getting airlines to refund has been an even greater challenge. After 20 hours on the phone my wife finally got them to refund their canceled flights. Some real tough times out there for sure.

Hang in there. Trip insurance?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom