Guardian parts to an AGA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jared0425

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering If the Guardians face plate was interchangeable with the AGA's. My AGA has been used quite a bit when I was issued to it, and now I have a guy who has access to parts from his Guardian FFM. They look very similar minus the the com gear, and lack of double seal.

I dont believe so, the Guardian is different on the bottom edge near the ots logo on the nose.The mask frame looks different as well. I could be wrong but it looks too different to me. Ive only worked on the Divator so I cant give you a for sure answer. Just image search each mask and compare them and youll notice the differences. But hey if you have access to the parts just do it and see how it fits. If it works, go pool test it a couple times and put it through some donning and doffing drills to make sure the seal is a good fit. That being said obviously any non Interspiro parts used could put liabilty on a Department and the person who made the alteration to the mask if something ever happened to a diver.

Hi there,

Yes, the face plates are interchangeable with the AGA. The standard face plate for the Guardian also includes an ABV, (Ambient Breathing Valve) which can be used on the surface to conserve your air from your tank.

We also offer them without as well.

Hope this helps!

V/R,

Andy Nelson
Sales & Training Representative
Underseas Systems International dba
Ocean Technology Systems
Phone: (714) 754-7848 Ext. 106
Mobile: (949) 705-7739
www.oceantechnologysystems.com

I was able to switch the face plate using a guardian one, but I had to carefully dremel the side to attach my light. Now what I thought was bad visibility turned out to be face plate, and it's night and day. Plus the mask was filthy from years of abuse and needed a good cleaning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom