GUE and deco algorithms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello folks,

Just wanted to ask which decompression algorithm is being used by GUE in the light of recent studies done by UTD and US Navy regarding deep stops. My limited understanding tells me GUE was emphasizing Bulhmann 30/80 prior to these studies. Has it remained the same or is the agency going up on the GF lo?

Dive safe -

CS

GUEs newly released standards version 8 (released about a month ago) under 1.3.4 general training standards, "decompression diving conducted during GUE classes must use GUEs decoplanner as the referenced standard using the Buhlmann algorithm 20/85". you can use what you want to after you have completed and passed the tech 1 class is what im led to believe from the above quote

Last edited:
I downloaded the Tech 1 material a couple months ago and it states "Gradient factors 20/85 used in DecoPlanner" And also "Remember: anything below the 70ft stop is a slower ascent. There are no “deep stops” – just a controlled ascent!"

"Gradient factors 20/85 used in DecoPlanner" And also "There are no “deep stops”"
I had to exercise a little doublethink when it came to that in my T1 course. I hope the numbers change to match the revised wording.

In a T1 profile, the most you'll ever max out on a stop below a gas switch is 1 minute at 24m (mainly on 18/45 at 45m or deeper for ~30 minutes of deco) .... hardly a stop.

_R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom