GUE Cave Sidemount is a thing now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elgoog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had caves on my brain for the last few weeks and was browsing around the GUE site when I saw Cave Sidemount listed under Christophe Le Maillot list of "Classes I teach".

I guess it makes sense that it's offered specifically as part of the cave curriculum since it fits GUE's "best tool for the job" philosophy. I couldn't find any other references for it but I imagine it's going to be more of a workshop with a Cave 2 pre-requisite.

Attachments

• gue cave sidemount.png
    gue cave sidemount.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 267
Might not be a GUE course?

He listed Fundies as “GUE fundamentals”

The link and screenshot I posted are from the GUE website, not his personal site.
I went to your link. Check your picture again. It clearly says “GUE Fundamentals” but no other course has “GUE” in front of it.

GUE classifies sidemount as a tool to be used when you need it. They have run multiple sidemount articles in Quest over the last couple of years. Somewhere in Quest it mentioned that if you reach the point where you need to be diving sidemount to get somewhere the expectation is that you will know enough to find good instructors to show you how to do it safely.

I went to your link. Check your picture again. It clearly says “GUE Fundamentals” but no other course has “GUE” in front of it.
Had a look, all the other instructors also have the GUE courses listed without "GUE" in front, it seems internally that Fundies is the only one with GUE in the title.

The Cave 1, Cave 2 classes are definitely GUE classes.

Gotta cash in on the fad man

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom