GUE/DIR/WKPP vs the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sontek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm new to cave diving so not looking to start a war, just looking to get some info...

I was told the WKPP/GUE/DIR guys have been trying to close/privatize certain caves so that only their members may dive them.

Is this true? If so, if you haven't been trained by their organization, is there a possibility of still diving the caves they've closed? Or do they have good reasons for closing the caves they have?

Feel free to PM me responses if this is a sensitive topic.

I am not a cave diver but think this is a very good question if they really are trying that.

wow

subscribed

I'm new to cave diving so not looking to start a war, just looking to get some info...

I was told the WKPP/GUE/DIR guys have been trying to close/privatize certain caves so that only their members may dive them.

Is this true? If so, if you haven't been trained by their organization, is there a possibility of still diving the caves they've closed? Or do they have good reasons for closing the caves they have?

Feel free to PM me responses if this is a sensitive topic.

Yes...They are trying to protect you from yourself. Either dive GUE or die.

Yes...They are trying to protect you from yourself. Either dive GUE or die.

So even though my instructor has been diving caves since the 70's and has been part of many body recoveries and explorations/mappings of new caves, hes not qualified to train me to dive safely? :p

The WKPP has a scientific permit from the state to dive certain sites. Other groups have obtained scientific permits to dive those same sites and others. You can certainly dive those sites if you can pool together the personnel and resources necessary to conduct the dives they're doing, AND prove to the state you have done so.

its not braging if it it's true just fact. and the fact is GUE has a great skill set and history in the cave community that being said there not the only one but some people need saving from themselves like the gentelman in vortex if he is in there( dought it) or divers with very limited experience taking on the NEST . so some site need closer supervision. because darwin has a c card

This may be a lively one, or maybe there will be a concerted effort to not respond to have this drop...

OK, I am not in that community, but I'd love to know what precisely you were told, and by whom. I realize that you may not want to or be able to respond in the open, but I am still curious.

Subscribed.

I'm hoping there will be a lot of history covered here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom