Guess it. Win it! .... Smartphone Dive Camera & Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice! The Watershot for an iPhone now has the Blue Buddy as a companion.....the "finger holes" on the mystery device actually fit over the buttons on the Watershot. One presumes the BT will work at such short range, so you can get a readout on time/depth in addition to taking pictures with your camera, and with the right software you've got a dive computer to monitor N2. Innovative. But I use an Android phone....bummer.

Bluebuddy clips into the mount, the mount clips onto phone case, software reads data from Bluebuddy and displays it on the phone screen.

Well I think tursiops and undrwater have summed it up!

Only thing I wonder is why the housing is at an angle away from the blue buddy like that.

So the blue buddy and phone will be transmitting data via wifi while the whole arrangement is clipped onto the BCD. The phone will have software to read the real-time data. The whole arrangement will be like a dive gauge or a dive computer.

Is the mystery solved yet? :p

.....Is the mystery solved yet? :p
YES.

divenav_smartdivebuddy2.JPG

divenav_smartdivebuddy3.JPG

divenav_smartdivebuddy4.JPG

divenav_smartdivebuddy5.JPG

---------- Post added May 19th, 2014 at 05:38 PM ----------

......But I use an Android phone....bummer.
It will work also with the Samsung S4

---------- Post added May 19th, 2014 at 05:45 PM ----------

The blu buddy clips in along with a waterproof case that holds your phone. You get a dive computer along with the ability to take pics, hence the finger mount instead of a wrist mount. It might use a shake to shoot feature instead of a button.
It looks like to me that this is the winning post.
What do you guys think?

Agreed.

nice that we finally got an answer :) bummer that it won't work with the galaxy note 2 --- no underwater case for it.... and you'd actually have to pay me to use an Iphone :cool2:

hey man, I said "i-something" way back at the beginning..... :D

Alberto, way to keep innovating!!!!!

Awesome! That is going to be killer!

---------- Post added May 20th, 2014 at 03:12 PM ----------

Also thanks for such a fun contest! I really enjoyed figuring it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom