Guidance please - diving in Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

faze

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dear one and all...

Can someone please point me towards an authoritative source to clarify what the minimum age for diving in Spain is?

Both of my boys have recently certified in the Canary Islands at the age of 10 and my step daughter certified at age 12.

I am now on the cusp of buying my first dive centre (on the mainland) and now understand that the minimum age for taking part in "scuba diving activities" or "being placed in a Hyperbaric environment" is 16. Or perhaps 14 depending on who you speak to.

It seems every which way I turn I receive conflicting advice - including many (the majority) that simply state 10 as the minimum age (apparently following standards rather than local law!).

I have also been advised that some autonomous Spanish regions have passed local laws to relax the age limit - but no one seems to know which regions or what amendments they made.

So in short... help!

have you tried asking DAN?

Or if you are going to open a store then you could check in with your certifying agency i.e. if you are going to open a PADI store then ask them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom