"Guided" 200' dive with a single AL80?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am resisting the urge to embellish your reference to the Whalerkyle thread.

Questions are bound to arise:

Did the goat explode?

I heard Mythbusters exploded a goat recently. Did Kyle do it before them?

Which page in the thread contains the link to the video of the goat exploding?

Perhaps these questions need to be answered now.

Whaler, where are you?
Do you have access to goats, a chamber, and a 50 cal weapon???
And what is the reasonable depth excursion for an african swallow with and 80cf al tank config?

Perhaps these questions need to be answered now.

Whaler, where are you?
Do you have access to goats, a chamber, and a 50 cal weapon???
And what is the reasonable depth excursion for an african swallow with and 80cf al tank config?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

That is some funny s**t.

... diving a "cave fill"???

(sorry... went back to original thread...)

Welcome to the Islands mon,

Glad you like the Cane Bay wall here on St Croix's north shore.
The west wall of the Salt River canyon is another great wall dive.

Having lived here for some years now, They're still my favorites. I've no doubt seen more of the deep topography there than anyone, and better yet, I can remember it later.

From personal experience, I can assure you that no matter what it seems like while you're there on air, it'll be a rude awakening when you do the same dive on mix. It's quite a shock when you realize that things you've seen dozens of times don't really look at all like you remember them, that is if you remember them, and if you recognize them.

One of these days, I really need to get to St Thomas and do wrecks, perfect dive for doubles with 30/30.

Darlene
are u on island now??because im looking for a dive buddy, cant stand going diving alone, i know its dangerous but i gotta get under water

im hoping someone seeing this post would like to help me out and go on a diving trip with me, ive never been to the pier diving or to any wtreck dives while here on St, Croix, i have been to the wall 3 times by myself and must say its very nice, except when you go over the wall before you know it you are alot deeper than you think!!! One of the times i went, i went over the wall and next thing i knew my dept was 165, so needless to say, id like to return to the wall but with a buddy. Im employed and live at Chenay bay beach resort, stop by sometime, look for me, lets chat and make plans to go diving, my days off are fridays and sundays. Thanks, mike

when I went through Navy dive school 1966 bottom time is computed as leave surface to leave bottom time. Plus I would like to know how someone coming from 200 some feet and stopping at 100 ft could figure they are OFF gassing. Not disagreeing. I know a lot has changed since I went to dive school.

Back
Top Bottom