Gulf Oil Leak Capped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was someone on coast to coast radio program saying the same thing 3 weeks ago.
I've been waiting to hear it from a "conventional" news source. He didn't tell a happy story. If he is right none of this capping is going work as there are large open gaps in the ocean floor spewing oil. I hope he's wrong.

IReports is not a conventional news source- it's really just a blog website. CNN isn't reporting this- someone using CNN's blog posting service is.

If there are large open gaps in the ocean floor spewing oil, one must ask whether they were there before or after the well was drilled. The Gulf DOES leak oil naturally and is able to naturally process it. If these cracks are natural, I don't think they are cause for much concern.

If they got there because of the well, one must ask how, exactly, the spilling of 50kbpd caused long cracks in the ocean floor radiating out hundreds of square miles. I'm not smart enough to rule it out, but I've got a lot of questions about how that would actually happen.

Last edited:
CNN is reporting that the cap is working for the time being anyway. So far the test is going well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom