Gustav Looks at Northern Caribbean - Keep the shutters up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A quick question. . . do you think Hanna is impacting Gustav in any way. . .or is she too far away? Just wondering.
Haha, like I would have any idea. Dr Masters is the best source probly, altho Lamont seems to understand these things well. My personal guess is Hanna has nothing to do with Gus but just might follow him later on.
what would we do w/o DandyDon and his hurricane info! Take care, Maggi

:lol2: Go to that site for more comprehensive info I hope. :)

A quick question. . . do you think Hanna is impacting Gustav in any way. . .or is she too far away? Just wondering.

Too far away:

Wunder Blog : Weather Underground

The tropical disturbance behind Hanna, near 22N 45W, is under too much wind shear to develop, and will not influence Hanna's track over the next 2-3 days. If Gustav stalls over the western Gulf of Mexico, as some models are predicting, Hanna's track may be influenced by the presence of another hurricane so close to it. The FujiWhara Effect occurs when two hurricanes approach within 900 miles of each other (roughly the diameter of the Gulf of Mexico). The two storms tend to rotate counter-clockwise around a common center. This effect would tend to send Gustav southwest, over Texas, and Hanna to the northwest. Since Hanna and Gustav are forecast to be roughly 1000 miles apart, it is unlikely that this effect will be a major player in the track.

Attention Louisiana: Katrina was only a rehearsal for The Big One...!

I do hope most went to Denver. Looks like he could break up over Texas and even bring me some rain. Rain is always nice this time of year with the cotton crop finishing up...

Attachments

• Gus.gif
    Gus.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Gus2.gif
    Gus2.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Gus3.gif
    Gus3.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 84
I wonder what the Oriskany is going to look like after the storm. I remember the Speigel Grove before and after her flip and that storm wasn't even close!

I wonder what the Oriskany is going to look like after the storm. I remember the Speigel Grove before and after her flip and that storm wasn't even close!
Interesting question. I'm sure a lot of things will look different by tomorrow. Fortunately Gus was weakened by a couple of factors before landing in Louisiana altho storm surge, winds, rain, and flooding will still be significant, then the path of possible flooding may continue towards Dallas & Tulsa before heading up thru the Mississippi drainage unless it doubles back on Louisiana, Arkansas or Houston? It's going to be a few days before this one is over...

Attachments

• Gus.gif
    Gus.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Gus2.gif
    Gus2.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Gus3.gif
    Gus3.gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Gus4.gif
    Gus4.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 63
looks like NOLA dodged a bullet. it was a little bit too far to the west to hammer NOLA with the worst storm surges, but still had ~8 foot surges and there were wind waves breaking over levees.

if gustav hadn't sucked in a bunch of dry air after it went over cuba it could have been a lot worse...

hanna just made hurricane status...

looks like NOLA dodged a bullet. it was a little bit too far to the west to hammer NOLA with the worst storm surges, but still had ~8 foot surges and there were wind waves breaking over levees.

if gustav hadn't sucked in a bunch of dry air after it went over cuba it could have been a lot worse...

hanna just made hurricane status...

Nah, takes more than that to get us...........10-4 big guy???

Back
Top Bottom