Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davidbaraff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Am I strange for wearing a bathing suit under my 7mm wetsuit? How about under a 3mm wetsuit? (Ok it was a little bunched under the 7mm, but not too bad. And it was easy to take of the wetsuit in a public on the beach when I was done.)

What do males typically wear next to their wetsuit -- just a supporter? A supporter and a bathing suit? Nothing?

Thanks for any opinions.

I sometimes wear boardshorts, or a bathing suit. But have been known to go "commando" at times :D

Boardshorts can be alittle tricky to get a 7/5mm suit over the top of..

Z...

It's traditional to wear nothing at all underneath the wetsuit....

...okey just kidding... Shorts or swiming trunks... the newer styles (boardshorts) do not work well... I usually go with running shorts

Commando, unless we are out for the whole day. Most of the time here we are back to the resort between dives and I wear my wetsuit into the shower to rinse it.

Just don't be one of those dudes that thinks its ok to rock the thong. A bathing suit is perfectly acceptable.

I have NEVER seen anyone on a dive boat going commando under their wetsuit. (not that I have done any kind of actual check) Granted, I have done the majority of my diving in the Carribean where it is too hot to stay in your wetsuit between dives. I have never noticed anyone wearing anything other than a bathing suit (trunks or the occasional **gasp** speedo) under their wetsuit. We have dove in skins,3mm, 5mm and semi-dry suits and have no neoprene rashes in places you don't want to be seen scratching!

If you have to change in public I like the long "speedo" type suits. They won't bunch up. I wear a regular bathing suit over the top and when it's time to suit up slip it off and right into the wetsuit, pretty discreet and very comfortable and simple.

Under Armour bike style shorts, they really show off my buns of steel and the chicks dig them. :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom