Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP Gaydar is definitely going off!!! Nautica swimsuit! no banana hammock for this old guy!!!

I go with the under armor shorts for my wetsuit, but usually, I only wear a diveskin around here, so it's commando for me. I don't do this in public, though. I'll put the skin on at home up to the waist, then the rest of the way once I drive to the dive site.

I wear my army pt shorts underneath, so basically running shorts. They're pretty good, considering they are free.

Peace,
Greg

Okay, someone should just compile all the data and start a POLL.

Then again, it should be cross-referenced in terms of age-bracket, location, and other factors.

I wear one of those Nike boxer-brief type swimsuits (I normally swim laps in it) so I can take my wetsuit off between dives if I so choose to.

It's also comfortable under shorts on the way to the site, pre/post dive. :)

Definitely do NOT WEAR THIS under your wetsuit !

Attachments

• grandpa.jpg
    grandpa.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 96
What do males typically wear next to their wetsuit -- just a supporter? A supporter and a bathing suit? Nothing?

Thanks for any opinions.

Depends on whether or not I waxed.

Waxed - red speedo

Unwaxed - boxer shorts

Just kidding :D

Almost everyone I know wears a lightweight swimsuit under their wetsuit. That's what I do - especially since I usually take off my wetsuit in front of the diveshop where I (and others) wash off our stuff in the shop's clean rinsing tank. The owner, Scott (South Beach Scuba - Newport, Oregon), has been promising me a shower out there soon.

Under armour for me, comfortable & dries fast - I also use it when playing soccer so it does double duty for me.

I never realized you guys had it so difficult when it came to bathing suits and wetsuits - for us ladies its either one piece or two piece. :)

Although, after reading this entire post, however funny it has been, I have learned that when I see a guy start to take his wetsuit off to be prepared for anything. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom