gx100 in dx-1g housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the pics Paula, there are distinct differences and it appears that you could not put a gx-200 in the dx-1g housing.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks trememdously for the pics, Paula. I guess I see something different in them than hammerhead does. Looks to me like you'd lose a tiny fraction of the LCD. But the only button I ever work underwater anyway is flash on/off (everything else gets controlled with a knob or shouldn't be adjusted during a dive, in my view), and it might just be that you'd have to use a different button on the case to hit the flash button, but everything else seems to line up.

Now the question is how to find a way to try it...

I remember reading that you can fit it into the housing but you will not have access to some stuff.
Some guy had a flood and decided to try it out. It just didn't work out. Guess if you want to know the details what worked and what didn't I'd send the guy a PM.
DX-1G replace with Ricoh GX-200?? - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

It really would have been too good to be true if it would have fitted together :)

Hello-
SEA&SEA will offer the DX-2G camera (comparable to the GX-200) in spring of 2009. Price and availability is to be determined. The 2009 catalog released at DEMA this past week includes the DX-2G. Unfortunately, due to a larger LCD screen size and modified button layout by Ricoh, the DX-1G housing is not compatible so the DX-2G will be sold as a camera/housing set only. We will make an announcement to our retailers and on our website when more information is available.
Thank you.

djcheburashka, When I look at the buttons on the back I see that the ADJ, macro, menu and DISPR buttons are all located differently. I frequently use the ADJ button to adjust my shutter speed, and the macor button for taking closeup pics. Also the menu button is the one that I use to select a differnt setting such as spot or multi focus. I also use the wheel in the front of the camera to adjust my aperature setting and from the pic we don't know if that is usable or not. I guess I do see it a little differently than you do.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom