H.P Steel tanks in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another interesting thread might be to ask what people with "Multiple Tank Syndrome" do for VIPs. Imagining VIPing 30 tanks/year.

We've had a thread like this before but things might have changed.

At a certain point taking the class and getting the equipment to do your own VIPs make sense.

For my single tank dives I prefer LP 85's with cave fills over an HP 100 any day.

Only reason I would go to HP tanks would be if I didn't have access to cave fills. Cave country is pretty small and isolated area of Florida. 99% of shops in Florida will not do a cave fill.
I own lp85's and hp100's and fill and dive them interchangeably. I could take off a pound or 2 with the 85's but I don't see much difference.

Another interesting thread might be to ask what people with "Multiple Tank Syndrome" do for VIPs. Imagining VIPing 30 tanks/year.

Buy a compressor

I don’t know if it was a real question or purely rhetorical but for me it’s about size. I can get as much or more gas (with cave fills in my HP’s) in a smaller package.
Hello. You cave fill H.P. 's? What type of tanks are they? What are they rated for, and what pressure to you overfill them to?
Thanks.
Cheers.

Does anyone know the reason for the change in cubic ft designation/specifications?
As, I said my Faber L.P. tanks are stamped 121 on the crown. Born 02/02.
Now when bought, it seems they're L.P. 120's?
Thanks,
Cheers.

Well different people like different things right?

Also Florida is not huge, but there's not ONE Florida either. "Cave Country" is just one of the many areas here. There's actually places that you walk in with anything other than AL 80 and they don't know what to do with it.

Another thing... If someone buys 4 scuba tanks, it doesn't matter if they are spare air's . This person is HAPPY! Maybe it was a deal, maybe they got rip off, maybe someone con them into believing there are fairies inside the tanks that neutralize the effects of nitrogen and they will never get narcosis. Doesn't matter no one shouldn't rain in their parade. Soon enough they'll find out if it was great, meh, or a disaster.
Few things provide the pleasure of buying dive gear ... We should all let people be coño.

By the way.. I love my hp100's , my husband has some 3000psi very old ninety some and I hate them. They are only 2-3 pounds heavier than the 100 but they roll me all over the place at depth .
The LPs seem like heavy monsters to me in any denomination, I rather have a smaller tank as long as it fits me right.
If LP's are good for some people... Then great, go dive them!!

this:

At a certain point taking the class and getting the equipment to do your own VIPs make sense.

and this:

Buy a compressor

Does anyone know the reason for the change in cubic ft designation/specifications?
As, I said my Faber L.P. tanks are stamped 121 on the crown. Born 02/02.
Now when bought, it seems they're L.P. 120's?
Thanks,
Cheers.

No particular reason, when OMS sold them they were called 125's. It's all nominal.

No particular reason, when OMS sold them they were called 125's. It's all nominal.

There seems to be plenty of "nominal" going on when it comes to tanks. Are the threads on the LP's as weird as they are with the HP's?
Maybe some of the experts here can open a thread about the threads on these tanks? The 7/8's that actually look smaller than the 3/4's …. what's up with that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom