H vs m+ XD card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Any of you know the real difference between the M+ as compared to the H type XD Card?

Which is better for faster shooting if we use Raw formats? Unfortunately, I am still using my Oly Sp 350.

Thanks in advance

From what I could find out when I was researching this, the M+ is very close to the H speed. I can't remember the numbers, but they were close enough that it wasn't an issue. I think the M and M+ cards actually have some additional features that the SP-350 doesn't take advantage of , but they do work just fine in the SP-350.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific but in the research I did a few months ago, it just wasn't something that stuck out in my mind as a problem when we were deciding to buy the M+ cards.

all i can understand is that it has something to do with the video mode.

By the way, i understand in the past u shared with us your "my mode setting" for sp350. I only copied for the wide angle stting with raw. as i ahve now slowly started to do Macro photos, therefore, can u kindly share with me your "my mode" set-up for Macro shooting using raw?

i appreciate your assiatnce.

Sure thing on the My Mode settings.

Macro, change the F-stop to F8, and shutter speed to 1/500.. All the other settings are the same from wide angle.

Super Macro the F-stop is still F8, but change the camera mode to Super Macro and shutter speed to 1/1000.

So this will give you two macro options depending on how close you get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom