H20 Inon Strobe Improvement Kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
I recently got this and added it to both of my D2000 strobes. I like the larger knobs very much. But the kit came with a back up O-ring to be installed into the battery cover cap. I installed the O-rings but I am concerned they may not be a good idea and effect sealing of the primary (yellow) Inon o-ring?

Anyone used this kit? I am not asking to have it bashed, the knobs seems very nice, just concerned about the O-ring mod.

N

Having lost a Z240 I think anything that improves the o'ring in Inon is an improvement. The yellow one is too soft and easy to pinch and MUST be cleaned or greased before every dive if you want to be sure. I lost my Inon on my second dive trip with it. I was 9 dives into the trip without re-greasing and it leaked into the battery compartment which is mostly bad news for Inon. Having used SnS and gone a lot longer than this without a re-grease (just checking ring for dirt etc) I was a bit pissed off.

I was 9 dives into the trip without re-greasing and it leaked into the battery compartment

You couldn't be bothered to ensure that the O ring was sealing properly, and then it didn't seal properly? Shocking!

My impression is that 2 sealing surfaces are always better than one. I suspect that the new o-ring might save you if you had a small leak through the yellow one. I have ordered the kit but it hasn't gotten here yet, will test it without the yellow o-ring (on a previously flooded strobe) and let you know how it works.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom