H7B and overheating ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearlman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Folks
I got a H7B recently. Unfortunately I dont know how I missed all the Internet reports in plain sight - about the overheating problem - So many of them littering the Internet its appalling that I missed them all. Upon unboxing I found that I am unable to even charge it completely without it shutting down due to overheating. The damn thing is too hot to touch and hold for longer than a few seconds.
Currently pending RMA pickup. I really didn't expect such poor quality issues with a GoPro.

My concern is now that even if I get a better working one in exchange - it might still be getting hot and shutdown intermittently in the middle of shooting or simply fog up inside the UW casing.

What are your experiences with the H7B? I'd like to hear if this is a typical issue or that I just got a lemon.
Does the H8B also heat up similarly?

Thanks
P

I have been using a Hero 8 Black everyday this past week, 2 dives per day, and have not had any problems with it overheating. I put a moisture absorber in the dive housing with the GoPro, and have not had any fogging. I hope that things improve for you with the 7.

This is a real
I have been using a Hero 8 Black everyday this past week, 2 dives per day, and have not had any problems with it overheating. I put a moisture absorber in the dive housing with the GoPro, and have not had any fogging. I hope that things improve for you with the 7.
This is an old post so not sure if you'll see this question, but can I ask what settings you are/were using on your H8 Black, and whether you were continuously recording, using quick capture, etc.? I've been having issues with my Hero8 Black not turning back on mid-dive, where I've either been using quick capture or powering off/on between shots to try and save battery. I am recording at 4k 60fps though which could be the culprit (or could just be an issue with a defective unit).

Back
Top Bottom