Habitat Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabear

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got back from a week of diving and staying at Habitat.
This was one of the most relaxing trips I've had in a while!!

Boat Dive: Sign up for one of 20 spots, never had more than 12 on any dive. Be on the dock by 8:15, boat leaves by 8:30, short ride to nice sloping reef. Many small tropicals, not much big stuff.
Hard and soft corals very healthy, great vis. DM in water on both dives to point out the good stuff ( sea horses, frogfish,etc. )

Shore Dive: Grab tank 24hrs., step off dock, follow uw line to drop off and have at it. Corals and fishlife very much like boat dives, with the exception of Mushroom Forrest ( a must do ) also offer a wreck dive once a week, if requested.

The Resort: Remote, but free shuttle runs to town every day.
Oceanview rooms great ( did have to switch due to malfunctioning a/c, but was no problem ) Excellent fw pool with outrageous view of sunsets!

The Food: After reading some posts, I was a little concerned, but was pleasently surprised. Bought the full meal plan as we were'nt going to town but once this trip. Sunday was B-B-Q buffet, Wed. was Antillen buffet, Fri. was Mexican buffet!!! All meals were bountiful and well prepared however, bear in mind that I'm not that fussy when it comes to the vittles!!

The Staff: Very friendly and most helpfull, overall a great place and high on my return list.

Caveat: Curacao has yet to establish a marine park with reg. sans Bonaire, so most fish big enough to end up on a plate usally does, but they are working to correct that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom