Habitat Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UNDR H20

Reaction score
We just returned from a long, disappointing, weeks stay at the Habitat Curacao. We can not recommend this hotel or dive operation. The hotel did not have enough staff to accomodate the number of guests. The ammenities of the hotel, e.g. the so called shuttle service to town, the food, the 4 lounge chairs at pool, the beach - what beach?, etc. was completely lacking. Because of the cocky and poor attitude of the dive staff and the unsafe diving practices, we felt totally uncomfortable diving with this operation. Based on what did occur, certain so called dive masters/boat drivers, Chris, should be replaced. One other comment regarding the 24 hour shore diving - that is if there are tanks filled and available! If you are planning to go to Curacao; check out the Marriott Curacao Resort and Dive Operation.

Wow, what a difference 2 mos. makes !!

My wife, 18yr. nephew and I were at Habitat in June and LOVED it. The resort was only 1/2 full and some dinner service was running on island time but other than that it gets top marks from us.

The DM/ boat drivers were anything but cocky, they simply treated
us as adults and competent divers. The tanks for 24hr. diving were always full and avail.,including nitrox.

The resort staff were both pleasant and accommodating. The only problem with the free shuttle to town, were the people who did not sign up but wanted a return trip from town, making things a little tight for those of us who followed procedures.

The pool and sunsets were spectacular!! OK the " beach " is littered with dead bleached out coral from hurricaine Lenny, but
c'mon folks this ain't club med. This is all about diving freedom,not
hand holding.

Sorry you had such an experience, this is the chance we all take when leaving our home ports. Like someone once said " timing is everthing ". Better luck next trip.

Both very interesting reports. I plan on going there myself September 18th. I'll let you know what I think.
Thank you, to both of you, for your posts.
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom