Hafa Adai from Guam!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guahoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just registered here, but been reading through the posts for some time. Got PADI OW certified back in 2004 but stopped diving for some time until I got back into it in 2017. Logged a little under 60-dives (and counting...). Mostly beach diving weekends and occasional boat dives if I can schedule it.

Now I’ve decided on getting AOW certified...

Guam, the wonderful island territory where America's Day & Week begins, and gateway to the best diving on the planet! And the only place in the world because of remote necessity where the US Navy backs you up and will emergency treat you for DCI (For treatment of decompression sickness, Naval Base Guam is the place to go ). . .

Thank you for posting . . .and you should be welcoming us to your world:) !

Hafa Adai & Welcome to You!

My wife and lived in Inarajan for a year in 1976 on our 'round the world honeymoon. We had a wonderful time. Beautiful island!

Guam, the wonderful island territory where America's Day & Week begins, and gateway to the best diving on the planet! And the only place in the world because of remote necessity where the US Navy backs you up and will emergency treat you for DCI (For treatment of decompression sickness, Naval Base Guam is the place to go ). . .

Thank you for posting . . .and you should be welcoming us to your world:) !

Hafa Adai & Welcome to You!

Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes, we do have a big military presence in Guam and I did know of the Navy's deco chamber, but did not know it was used so frequently as the article pointed out. I hope never to visit

Anytime you make your way out here, it’d be a pleasure to dive with you!

My wife and lived in Inarajan for a year in 1976 on our 'round the world honeymoon. We had a wonderful time. Beautiful island!

Wow! “round the world honeymoon” sounds great (and expensive? lol). And Inarajan is one of the southern villages in Guam that escaped the “touristy” growth of concrete jungle. Nice to hear you enjoyed your year-long visit. Guam has “grown” some over the years... for better or worse...

howdy and welcome from southeast florida......good luck with your advanced open water training.

Thanks! “Southeast Florida”...sounds like you can dive warm waters also!

Yeah, thinking night dive, wreck, and another not quite decided...

Welcome from the Great Lakes!

Cold water wreck diver here...

Thanks for the welcome!

Never dove cold water...heard it’s totally different experience with dry suit and all

Thanks for the welcome!

Never dove cold water...heard it’s totally different experience with dry suit and all

Sure is! Our wrecks look like wrecks without corals and such all over them. I’ve dove wooden wrecks that went down in the 1880s and earlier. Well preserved. Wood doesn’t get eaten away in freshwater like it does in salt.

Back
Top Bottom