Haifa diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

notabob

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I'll be in the Haifa area next week, (Sun-Fri), and was hoping to get in the water Wed or Thus. Can anyone suggest a dive club/shop to hook up with in the city? Do they run charters during the week? Will they go to the sub or one of the other wrecks in the area? For recent diving experience, are electronic logbooks accepted? Is Nitrox readily available? Is DAN insurance acceptable? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

-Roman.

I lived in Haifa for a while, but only did my diving in Eilat. Locally there may be more to see in Cesaria.

DAN insurnace is acceptable. Without it you would need to buy insurance good in Israel, Egypt & Jordan.

Massachusetts? I live in Boston.

Sorry for the late resonse.

notabob:
Hello,

I'll be in the Haifa area next week, (Sun-Fri), and was hoping to get in the water Wed or Thus. Can anyone suggest a dive club/shop to hook up with in the city? Do they run charters during the week? Will they go to the sub or one of the other wrecks in the area? For recent diving experience, are electronic logbooks accepted? Is Nitrox readily available? Is DAN insurance acceptable? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

-Roman.

Hello, Roman!

There are several dive clubs in Haifa region: Va-Tal, Blue, Putzker(in Naharia).
Generally there are charters every weekend, if there are enough divers and viz
is good (not always the case in the Mediterrenian...). The Scrire wreck (the sub) is one of the more popular dives in the Mediterrenian. Unfortunately, the sub was damaged in 2003 due to naval(joint US and Israeli, as the rumor says) exercises.

Nitrox is available,but you should ask before the dive.

No issues with DAN insurance. But you MUST have a valid dive insurance !

IMHO, there should be no issues with the electronic loogbook....

P.S. You can call me by the cell phone: 052-2-395-732.

Best regards. Gregory.

Back
Top Bottom