Hairy Starfish or Hairy Sea Star

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the caution about the bus. I learned my lesson in regard to touching when I was new to diving. I just had to hold a bristel worm. I thought about that worm every day for a week. What do you look at at deerfield beach? Any teeth there? We have been shore diving Venice beaches and finding a few megs and some small teeth and were thinking heading over to B.R. area for a change of pace.

Thanks for posting the picture. Kinda hard to tell though but it looked more like bristels or fine hair. I'll call it a bristel star!

Watch out, people will throw you under the bus for admitting you've touched the sealife. After you're under the bus they'll kick you, then drag your body and rake you over the coals

No lie, its happened to me a few times

But at least it's usually the bus they rode in on.... :shortbus:

[c]
P10103251.jpg
[/c]

Well what you have there looks like a crown of thorns, which should be taken out of the water and burned..

Atleast if theres many of them or theire blacklisted in the area

threads merged...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom