Halcyon 3.3ft SMB - Closed vs. semiclosed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Subcooled

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an open bottom smb. I don't like how it is filled. Instead I'd like to get an smb that can be filled using the drysuit hose or by blowing. Small size would be beneficial as the smb would be used as a deco reference only. I have seen Halcyon SMBs and they seem to be very well designed. I like that bungee and metal loop.

A local shop (150km away) sells a small Halcyon DAM with OPV and nozzle for the hose/oral inflate.

But that is listed as semiclosed. Halcyon lists a similar product as closed :confused:
What's the difference?

I own the closed version you list. AFAIK Semi closed can be inflated using second stage i.e it's open at the bottom. I believe it has a one way baffle that will allow air in but won't let it all out once it hits the surface. I didn't know Halcyon made a semi closed 3.3ft DAM. I thought oral and inflator hose inflate with OPV, oral inflate with OPV and oral inflate without OPV. It could just be an advertising mistake. Of course I could be wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom