Halcyon backorder - for want of a bulb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

califdiver1

Registered
Reaction score
I ordered a Halcyon focusable 10w light (Proteus) through my LDS on December 21, but still can't get even a date when to expect it. Supposedly Halcyon doesn't have any bulbs for these and is waiting for more from the manufacturer.

Is this typical? Should I ask to have the light delivered without the bulb and source one from somewhere else? Does it have to be a Halcyon bulb or can a Diverite or Light Cannon replacement bulb be used?

I'd like to get in the water with this light!

Muchas gracias . . .

From what i have been told the newer lights use the same bulb as the light cannon. I have a brand new helios 4.5 10w with less than 5 dives and kinda wish i had gone with a 18w or 21w. I may sell this one and upgrade so make sure you choose the light you like the best. There is nothing wrong with the 10w but the 18w has such a powerful beam.

Interesting. How "newer" DG? The color temperature of my Proteus 3 appears to be quite a bit lower than the LC ....

Yeah, I'm going to jump on the 18W bandwagon. I suggest you dive with someone who has a 10 and an 18 before making the purchase. When you dive with those guys with the 18's they hardly even notice you are there :wink:.

Mark

mweitz:
Interesting. How "newer" DG? The color temperature of my Proteus 3 appears to be quite a bit lower than the LC ....

I subscribe to the yahoo HID group and there has been several discussions on this. If i remember right the newer style 10w head uses the same bulb and the older 10w head uses the same bulb with a slightly modified plug in area. If you are really interested please join the group and reserch it some more or even ask barry miller over at salvodiving.com. He participates in the group on a semi regular basis.

Yeah, I'm going to jump on the 18W bandwagon. I suggest you dive with someone who has a 10 and an 18 before making the purchase. When you dive with those guys with the 18's they hardly even notice you are there
Isn't that the truth. When i got back into diving i was going to do it modestly and not go crazy and buy the best of everything. Now i wish i had spent the extra money and bought the 18w light. My 10 w is great but its like comparing a chevy small block 350 to a big block 454. It works great but just doesnt have the pulling power and gruff of a 454. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom