Halcyon Carbon Fiber Backplate for Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kx125dude

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys!

Question for you folks who have experience or knowledge on carbon fiber back plates. I currently have the halcyon carbon fiber plus backplate with the built in STA. As I transition to doubles I would like to be able to use the same backplate. I’m just a little worried about the structural integrity of it? Does anyone have any experience using this with heavy steel doubles? It seems like it’ll hold but I don’t want to crack my EXPENSIVE backplate!

Thanks in advance
Tyler

I have the carbon plate. It seems sturdy enough, but I don’t think I would use it with heavy steel tanks.

I would plan on buying a separate rig for doubles with an AL or steel plate. You will want your doubles harness fine tuned for that specific gear configuration anyway.

I've seen people using cf plates with large doubles, havent heard of any issues so far.

The plan is to not dive singles ever again so I was kind of hoping for it to work with doubles. I reached out to EE and they said they use it with large doubles all the time and have no issues. I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it. When I tighten down my thumbwheels the plate seems to flex a bit and that is my real only concern.

Thanks for the replies again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom