Halcyon Custom Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello.

I am new to the forum. Please forgive me if there is another thread like this already.

I am leaving my traditional BCD behind and switching to a plate and wing. I am looking at custom with Halcyon. My objective is visibly and easy identification with my club at depth.

Do any of you have a custom colored wing? If so, I would love to see pictures of what you put together as well as any feedback about the visibility at depth.

Thank-you.

Im not sure if you have seen this link but might help some too.

Halcyon Dive Systems

Im not sure if you have seen this link but might help some too.

Halcyon Dive Systems

I have. Thank-you. :) I been playing with it but my head is spinning. Looking for ideas with a focus on visibility. My fins are yellow. I know color is lost at depth. Thinking of the green traditional camo with fluorescent green stripe on side & the ACB pockets.
I

158135171_909457293154955_8390218413694887544_n.jpg

I don't have a custom wing, but my wife has a custom Eclipse 40 with navy blue front and back panels and the light blue gusset. As you can see above, the light blue makes it much easier to see and identify her in poor visiblity. Halcyon also has the reflective option for the gusset which really pops in poor visibility.

My singles wing is Aqua / Shocking Pink / Urban Camo. The pink is VERY visible underwater. The camo, being monochrome, also remains pretty visible. The bright yellow and neon green I've seen underwater and they stay visible, the yellow I recall looks more white at depth.

DSCN2240.jpeg

I had a 40 lb wing I ended up (from a shop going out of business) with that had a fluorescent orange stripe on it, faded terrible.

I found the standard black wings holds up the best, I buy different color webbing for my back plate, that way it stands out from other people's gear. Plus, it is easy to differentiate from my ss back plate and my alum back plate.

Speaking of Halcyon in particular, my thinking when I was in the market for wings for my wife and me and considering custom colors was that these things hold their resale value remarkably well, and if I get out of diving in a few years or want to do something different a basic black Halcyon wing will sell in minutes.

My singles wing is Aqua / Shocking Pink / Urban Camo. The pink is VERY visible underwater. The camo, being monochrome, also remains pretty visible. The bright yellow and neon green I've seen underwater and they stay visible, the yellow I recall looks more white at depth.

View attachment 665772

For a moment I thought I was loosing my mind. One pink one black... no way to miss you there.

Speaking of Halcyon in particular, my thinking when I was in the market for wings for my wife and me and considering custom colors was that these things hold their resale value remarkably well, and if I get out of diving in a few years or want to do something different a basic black Halcyon wing will sell in minutes.

I will say, when I sold my 40lb wing, even with the faded orange stripe, it sold for top dollar within a day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom