Halcyon Infinity Package VS Build Your Own with separate parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@JohnnyC
I am aware of the available systems and I have a different opinion on that and I'm not married to anyone but my wife.

The weighted STA is something you’d normally have to buy separate anyway. Better check out reviews online to make sure the website is legit.
Diveseekers.com is a top rate company. I have ordered from them many times with excellent service.

hi all,

most of the websites sell already built Infinity.

but this website Diverseekers.com seems pretty reputable has Build your own Halcyon Backplate

Halcyon Backplate build your own *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

if i build exactly like Infinity(at least i believe it is the same).
EXCEPT IT'S MISSING WEIGHTED SINGLE TANK ADAPTOR WHICH I CAN PROBABLY GET IT SEPARATELY BUT TOTAL STILL COMES OUT CHEAPER.
6 Lbs (2.7 Kg) Convertible Weighted STA (Single Tank Adapter), w/ Straps 10.011.008 *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

all the item description seem to match what they have on infinity as well.

do you guys see any issue with this build?

i will not disclose any price just in case.

thanks

DRIS has marked down a number of Halcyon items. You may want to take a look.

Infinity 30 BC System

@JohnnyC
I am aware of the available systems and I have a different opinion on that and I'm not married to anyone but my wife.

So you were just being snarky while we were trying to help out the OP? Got it....

@JohnnyC
did you help him?
I'm happy with my Halcyin Infity and I recommend it. Do you have any experience with Halcyon wings goldenwar only asked about?

@JohnnyC
did you help him?
I'm happy with my Halcyin Infity and I recommend it. Do you have any experience with Halcyon wings goldenwar only asked about?

The OP states, “or build your own with separate parts.” As the Infinity is sold as a system, I took that to mean alternatives to the turnkey system that you put together yourself. In that regard, yes, I did help, as I pointed out a package that’s a MUCH better value.

Yes, I have lots of experience with Halcyon wings, singles, doubles, 30 an 40lb singles and doubles, 40 and 60lb doubles, horseshoe and donut. Lots of experience is warm water, cold water, open water, cave, wreck, and deco. They are nice wings, but they do not represent the best value for the consumer, especially in the recreational diving world.

If you or anyone wants to spend stupid money for at best a marginal increase in functionality (the Cinch, which is entirely unnecessary anyway) by all means spend the money. However it has been my experience that most people would rather spend a more reasonable amount of money for equivalent performance.

@JohnnyC

I have a different opinion on that and I don't have the mission to teach other people whether their money they are intended to invest is stupid or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom