Closed Halcyon Precision BC power inflator for sale

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmassey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello!

IMG_1122.png IMG_1123.png

I have a Halcyon Precision BC power inflator for sale. If you're not familiar with this, it's functionally the same as a normal inflator, but with two differences:

1) It's *designed* to be rebuilt. You can find the rebuild instructions here: http://www.halcyon.net/uploads/files/manuals/halcyon_inflator04_v1.pdf

2) Its metal parts are at least mostly if not all stainless steel, and certainly all the big ones are.

It's a neat idea. It comes apart easily, the o-rings are all standard, and when it's all newly assembled, it's one of the smoothest inflators I've ever used. Easy to get tiny bits of gas into your wing for perfect GUE/DIR buoyancy! :)

The downside is I've found that they need to be cared for more often than other inflators. It's really only a few minute job, but I've got enough going on.

If you don't take care of your own gear, forget buying this one. If you haven't dove with one of these, I'm not sure I'd bother swapping out a working inflator for this. But if you're familiar with this, and you need an inflator, why not?

$25 shipped in the continental US. I actually have two of these, but the other one is on a wing right now! If you want two (or if two people are interested) I'll happily get the other one. Looks just like this one... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom