• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Halcyon Wing stitching problem?

Discussion in 'Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems' started by jlcnuke, May 17, 2019.

1. bamafan

bamafan Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Contact them. They have never asked me if I was the original purchaser. I don't think it matters to them.

2. jlcnuke

jlcnuke Solo Diver

Thanks all. I'll get in touch with them this week and let everyone know how it goes.

3. Yellowdog

Yellowdog Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Halcyon seems to be a stand behind their products company but to me warrantying a 14 year old second hand wing may be pushing the concept of good customer service. If it were mine I would be happy if they would either repair or replace the shell at a fair price.

rongoodman likes this.
  4. divad

divad Solo Diver

Not true. The material is faulty. The two later non-fraying ones I own and the "faulty" one all have stitching the same distance (1/4") from the edges.

5. PfcAJ

PfcAJ Orca

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    That loose weave fabric separates at seams. Halcyon has replaced a few wings for me that had that going on. Shouldn't be a problem.

divad likes this.
  6. jlcnuke

jlcnuke Solo Diver

I contacted Halcyon, they're having me send it to them and then they'll let me know what options I have after they can look at it.

PfcAJ likes this.
  7. jlcnuke

jlcnuke Solo Diver

The conclusion to my story is that I had the same experience as Chris did. I just got it back today with a new outer shell free of charge. I was expecting/ready to pay for some parts, but I'm pleased with the excellent support they have for their products.

Lorenzoid likes this.