Half day dives out of Kata, Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

motspach

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys

I posted a little while ago about bringing toddlers to Phuket. We've decided on staying on Kata and use their babysitting services but we'll probably only do half day trips so we can spend time with the kids too.

I guess most importantly are the shore dives worth doing? We haven't dived in a few years so should hopefully be easily impressed.

Can anyone recommend dive operators near Kata for half day dives? I'd rather pay a little more and get good guides with good equipment.

Thanks

Thanks for the response Steven. Would there be any shorter day trips that you think might work for us? I would really love to get out to shark point/anemone reef but from my research it seems like it's a long day for a double dive.

How much notice would you require for us to book with you?

There is one boat offering more or less half day (afternoon) trip to Racha Yai by speedboat. I am not fond of this for several reasons, and would prefer a daytrip. To Racha Yai you will normally return to Karon again around 15.30 hours or so. For the other trips, standard trips here are 3-dive trips, so departure around 07.30, return 18.00 hours.

Required notice to book would depend on when you'll be here. Normally the day before is fine, but book late and you may have to wait a day longer or so. But the dives there are worth it, and an excellent way to get back into it.

Great. Getting back at 6pm is a bit late for us so I guess we'll stick to the dives near Kata. I'll definitely give you a bit more notice than the day before so should all be gravy. Booked in for mid march, I'll let you know closer to the date. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom