Halfway There - Augusta, GA - New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new to the sport. About halfway through my SSI training for basic open water. The end goal is drift diving or exploratory and scavenge/salvage diving. I just finished buying all my gear and now I have to take it to the dive shop to get it checked out, certified, and get those obligatory sideways glances, "Why didn't you buy this stuff from us?"

I'll be filling out my profile as I go along, but I am glad to be part of the community.

Welcome, I am originally from Augusta. My brother and family still lives there. When will you have all your check out dives completed?

Da Wolf - I believe my checkout dives are end of June/Beginning of August. Word on the street is that some of the check-out will be at Clarks Hill and then finish up at Savannah River for a drift dive.

I see you have Matthews, NC for your location. I lived in Indian Trail for awhile. Small World.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.....good luck with your salvage diving....i hear there is a gold bar waiting for you on the gold coast.

... I just finished buying all my gear and now I have to take it to the dive shop to get it checked out, certified, and get those obligatory sideways glances, "Why didn't you buy this stuff from us?" .

Don’t put up with even one ounce of lip from any dive shop about your gear or where you bought it!
>you: can you service this brand reg? >>them: yes, or no.
Beyond that, any shop that going to give me flap will loose any chance at future business with me.

Now, for checking out your gear... get a cheap IP gauge and ask your instructor how to use it. If he/she can’t so that.... um.... well.. you can get that info here. Its not hard.

**that doesn’t mean your 2nd had regs shouldn’t get a full service. Just, that I wouldn’t pay to them to “check them out”

Awesome!! I used to live near Edgefield, SC and frequented Augusta. Good luck and safe diving! The whole equipment buying experience could be easier but hey, these brick and mortar guys and gals are just trying to make a living but I definitely understand.

Awesome!! I used to live near Edgefield, SC and frequented Augusta. Good luck and safe diving! The whole equipment buying experience could be easier but hey, these brick and mortar guys and gals are just trying to make a living but I definitely understand.

I am originally from Edgefield. Lived there for 30 years. Now this is really a small world. Not many know or have even heard of a place like that.

Welcome. It's so cute that you think you have bought all your gear.
Let the descent into buying gear madness commence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom