Hammered Hammerhead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SterlingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I thought this was an amazing story that I have never heard or seen before. It must of been an amazing tiger shark that did this.

Dave

http://www.scubatampa.com/images/hammer.jpg

HAMMERHEAD GETS HAMMERED

From the November New Zealand Fishing News. Kydd Pollock was fishing at the base of the Ribbon Reefs in far north Queensland when he hooked a 15' Scalloped Hammerhead. After a fight of 45 minutes, the crew finally caught a glimse of the monster. As the hammerhead neared the boat, an even bigger Tiger Shark attacked the Hammerhead and tore it to pieces. While Kydd was unprepared to judge the size of the Tiger Shark that snacked on the Hammerhead, it goes without saying that the beast was considerably larger than the enormous Hammerhead. Look at the photo again, sends a shiver down your spine, does'nt it?

Wow, hope I see a Hammerhead that size when I go to Layang Layang (doesn’t have to be a school, I’ll settle for just one).

Amazing Pic!!!

I too wouldn't mind seeing a Hammerhead shark even it was alone but I really have no desire to see the tiger shark that did that to this Hammerhead. I think about myself pulling up to the boat after a dive...ouch!

Yowza! Pretty impressive i must say. Even more so with the fact that it is a Great Hammerhead, not a Scalloped like it says in the story. Greats being larger than scalloped...

wow thats crazy!!! youd think that would be the work of a great white. that must of been one huge tiger shark!!!

dont know what the guys looking so happy about, looks pretty ikky to me, must smell a bit too, but impressive all the same.

Wonder how many bites it took to get that off

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom