Hand Feeding Sharks & Shark Awareness Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just so you know, it wasn't "Some Guys Blog" I used him for the coconut in the head. Inform yourself before you call someone out and try to make them sound like an idiot.

Caribbean reef shark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honestly, I'm not even trying.

---------- Post added May 21st, 2012 at 08:47 PM ----------

I also run an outfitting company where people are allowed to ride horses. So i believe I just read if "Someones girlfriend...the diver is duty bound to kill you" and you would take up a collection and I would deserve it. I think my staff would dissagree, and so would my insurance company. It's why we have "release forms". I think you are the one who does not get it. Have a nice life people. I'm finished here. not going to corrospond with folk who think murder is ok.

Again- don't even have to try!

CDNN :: Oahu Set to Ban Shark Feeding
According to official statistics kept by the International Shark Attack File, at least 24 divers have been injured during shark feeding dives.

Later in the same article:

Dr. Alevizon says the dive industry is obviously intoxicated by its own hype, which has no currency among the marine conservation community."If there was in fact a genuine conservation value to wildlife feeding dives, one might ask why such an impressive array of leading conservation organizations, including World Wildlife Fund, Environmental Defense, Defenders of Wildlife, Caribbean Conservation Corporation, Reef Relief, Humane Society of the U.S., and the Surfrider Foundation - not to mention the U.S. National Park Service - (took) the trouble to go on record with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission in support of a total ban on feeding dives."

This is the argument against feeding sharks- what's yours?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom