Handheld GPS for kayak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Darn it, I flooded my trusty old Garmin 48 recently and now I find myself frustrated when I find cool dive spots and can't save the numbers. An expensive replacement is not in the budget.

Bass Pro Shops has a Garmin eTrex H on sale for $79.94. An opinions on this model, would it do the job?

Darn it, I flooded my trusty old Garmin 48 recently and now I find myself frustrated when I find cool dive spots and can't save the numbers. An expensive replacement is not in the budget.

Bass Pro Shops has a Garmin eTrex H on sale for $79.94. An opinions on this model, would it do the job?

Yes, get the eTrex. I have one and it works great.

Cool, thanks! Great price too. You have the H?

Cool, thanks! Great price too. You have the H?

Hi Debby:

I have an eTrex Legend. It's a few years old, and has been around salt and fresh water. It really works well. It's an older electronics platform than what you referenced, but at $80.00, you can't beat it.

I work in Electronics, and one of my customers is Garmin, in Olathe, KS (corporate). They are the best for GPS, hands down. I would buy the model you referenced, and enjoy it. Can you get some sort of a dry bag for the unit?

Safe diving to you.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom