Handheld light recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Backup lights just need to get me to the line, and get me out of the cave. If a set of C cells is the most reliable way to do that, and it doesn't require having to devote maintenance time to it. Ideal for me...

Is there a backup light that you would recommend that has the power, burn time and small size of the CX1 that doesn't require rechargeables?

Clearly a Scout light does not fulfill those features. :wink:

A cap on the back would be a great idea with maybe a slit for the tie/boltsnap. Ha, we designed a custom button locking cap

That should be simple enough to design and print, depending on the backup light.

Edited to Add: In re-reading this, I wanted to point out that you can get things 3D printed online without needing to own a 3D Printer. If you have the patience to deal with learning some free CAD software online and have access to at least a good ruler (preferably calipers), you can order custom-designed 3D printed parts from online.

Is there a backup light that you would recommend that has the power, burn time and small size of the CX1 that doesn't require rechargeables?

Clearly a Scout light does not fulfill those features. :wink:

Not that I am aware of. Pretty much everyone is moving towards rechargables.

not everyone

Ok. Well don’t hold out on us. Who is pioneering new models of lights using alkaline batteries?

Specifically is there anything new out there in non rechargeable that can hold a candle to a CX1, or even a BX2?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom