Hanover dive site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fraserpenny

Registered
Reaction score
IMG_0007.PNG
Just checking out the padi app for dive sites, just curious if anyone has seen / dove this?

I have not, but I'm not from that area. I'd be interested in learning if it was a new Ontario dive though.

I've noticed that the PADI app has some serious errors in it though so I'm not sure it can always be trusted. For instance I was looking up dive sites near Phoenix and one listed in Mesa AZ is the Molokini Crater, which is actually in Hawaii.

I'd maybe not lug all your gear up there without getting some solid info first. Good luck!

Personally I have not been there but I did a quick search on the Navionics map. The link below is meant for computer but Navionics does have an app for phones too:
Navionics Webapp

Usually the Navionics app would show you the depth of the water but since it's the free version, some lakes/rivers wont have that information. That map marker points to a river, and in the exact area where the marker is, you would have to trespass over private property to make it a shore dive. Although, little ways east there is a bridge (Concession Road 10). Maybe that's the dive spot?

Either way, keep in mind that this looks like a relatively small river, and likely to be shallow, putting you that much closer to a boat's prop if one drives by. Vis would probably suck and there would be current to watch out for. If there are any shops local to you, they might have more knowledge of that spot, or other dive spots in the area.

Thanks for the info, that link looks like it help checking new areas..
I also thought the area looked strange and rather small. Perhaps a drift dive? Lol. Maybe I'll take a drive and scope it out, still looking for other divers in this area..

I am from the area but haven't heard of the site - the PADI pin drop actually looks very close to our place though. Do you have a better location/description?

IMG_0181.PNG
The padi app doesn't give locations of the sites, at least I can't seem to figure it out.. but here is a closer picture if that helps.. it looks like it's on someone's property between two roads..

Had my son download the PADI app and we drove by it on the way into town today. It is the Saugeen River. Friends of ours own the the property to access the river where the dive site is (if not direct access, they have the property beside it). The kids have swam there before but I never considered diving there before. I guess we will add it to the list for this summer.

interesting.. any idea of what the depths are like?
If your ever looking for a dive buddy, let me know... also, if your on Facebook, I just recently started a group called Meaford and Area Scuba Enthusiasts.. feel free to join

Will take a look this spring/summer because I'm curious but the more I think about it, the PADI marker must be wrong. Visibility is likely to be very low on the Saugeen River and it can't be very deep. Although, there is a nice spot to put in on Concession 10 and there would likely be enough current for a drift dive.....

But where do you get out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom