Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps we should move for a bank holiday on Nov 11th - being an Army Brat I'm all for it and always wear my poppy with pride (and put more than 10p in the tin!!). Having said that a bank holiday in Nov is not so appealing so perhaps we could look back through our history and find a war that end around early July - other than the obvious one we lost :eek:ut:

I just commented because I had never heard of it before and I hope y'all took a little time out to remember what it was really about - so few do these days.....

Thanks for the insight

Jonathan

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jonathan
Um - can someone tell me what Memorial Day is?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paying respects to the soldiers who died in service to their country.

:mean: It is paying respects to those who have given there life that you may have the freedom you have in our wonderful country.

:tribute:

Back
Top Bottom