Harbor closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am hearing the harbor will be closed again Monday. Any truth to this?

Day drinking is not as fun as diving

I have been watching for about a week, the forecast has actually been improving the closer it gets. Looks like the tail of the front causing problems up the east coast will brush by. Tomorrow looks pretty iffy but at least it looks short lived.
upload_2018-4-15_15-16-25.png

My guess is closed early, open by mid day when the wind gets a more easterly component.

Dave

3 days to spend in Cozumel and the first one is gone with the harbor closed... I hope tomorrow doesn't go the same way.

Sorry I'm stuck in the Palace lobby and I need to vent =(

Don't fret about the port being closed. Go explore the island! Find a great cab driver and go to the east side. Be sure to take in a tequila tour. There are a couple, this is the one I enjoyed. https://goo.gl/11zNoa Enjoy the beautiful island!

Last edited:
Hello,

I am hearing the harbor will be closed again Monday. Any truth to this?

Day drinking is not as fun as diving
We were out fishing off Playa when we got the word at about noon that the harbor was closing. The boat dropped us off at Blue Angel about ten minutes before the wall cloud came over. Right now things don’t look good for the morning dive, but the weather system got here earlier than WindGuru was saying yesterday that it would. Hope springs eternal. The good news for us is that we are here for two weeks and we just got here Friday.

Nortes happen

Last edited:
Today the water was rough with big swells. Fortunately, the visibility was not affected, but surfacing at the end of out second dive proved challenging. Crossing my fingers that this disturbance will be short lived.

Today the water was rough with big swells. Fortunately, the visibility was not affected, but surfacing at the end of out second dive proved challenging. Crossing my fingers that this disturbance will be short lived.
If it was a morning dive that was due to south winds. At least we don’t have that any more. Right now I am wishing I’d brought jeans and a flannel shirt!

Port closed about 11:30 but most divers were able to complete both morning dives. I think it was the right call - the sky opened up
About 2:00

Winds are picking up and I suspect port will
Stay closed through tomorrow and reopen on schedule Tuesday morning.

This is that freak spring storm that moved through the northern Midwest and of course very unseasonal For all of us.

The harbor is indeed closed this morning; no surprise there. WindGuru (now apparently renamed Windy) shows the wind starting to swing around to a more easterly direction later this morning but still ripping. Our dive shop is not optimistic that the port will reopen later today, but if it does we will dive. Tomorrow looks better.

I wish I’d brought jeans; it’s kind of chilly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom