hardcore and indie music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
i'm SO excited. I need to get back to the roots!! cant handle living in a landlocked state anymore. It's kind of ironic that i got certified out here after living in RI all my life.

I lived in Providence, East Providence and Riverside on and off for six years - never made the time/effort to go diving around RI (I never owned a car and couln't afford a decent drysuit, which didn't help my RI diving prospects) - one of my big regrets.

@ harry: Aside by the weakerthans is the closing song on the wedding crashers. Thursday is old school emo!

@ Andy: Elastica and Flaming lips are awesome! Should I feel old now? :)

@ Rapid: Lemonheads is one my favourites! I can't remember the album name, but it has the songs: great big no, it's about time, favourite T, Big gay heart. Great album.

@ Tanked: Got any punk/ska indie bands that I could listen to? I've got some on my mp3 list and I'll post them up later (I'm at lab). I agree that all this mainstream emo crap is horrendous. But try listening to some older stuff and it ain't as bad. I definitely don't like the style that's associated with it now, Lifetime is a classic emo band that you'll probably like.

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
as for jason b, give cursive and the get up kids (something to write home about album) you would probably like the weakerthans and wilco. Everyone knows about the band Thurday too, right? ok, just making sure. thats more emo, though. Fantastic.

Cursive, Weakerthans, and Thursday. Good stuff. Thanks!
(downloading from itunes right now)

indie punk/ska (?)
* catch 22
* Edna's goldfish
* Face to Face
* Lagwagon
* Millencollin
* Mustard Plug
* Propaghandi <---bassist formed the weakerthans
* RX Bandits
* Spring Heeled Jack
* Subb