Hardhat diving; Mark V kit in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DangerousDan64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was at the history of diving museum a year ago in Key Largo on my way out of town and I picked up a card for some guys who own a Mark V suit there and who will let people try it out for a fee. I found two reviews on Trip Advisor from last year but no other information. I get VM when I call the number (left one) but I thought I would reach out and ask if anyone knows if these guys are still doing this.

My Brother and I going there the last week of September and I REALLY want to do this. (see my avatar)

It doesn't really help you, but nearly 20 years ago Dick Rutkowsi at Hyperbarics International in Key Largo let me do a dive in his Mark V suit. It was just in the canal with little to see, but it was still great fun. It was one of those "do it so I can say I did" experiences. I'm sure that you'd enjoy it if you can arrange a similar experience.

In 2005, I was able to dive the Mark V at the end of the hyperbaric course put on by Dick Rutkowski in Key Largo. It was a great experience, I will not forget it.

we have one here a Korean copy of a mark V (TOA) a lot of my students want to try it (its on a stand in the cottage at our facility )...I was thinking of getting it rebuilt and dive ready to dive ....but I only have 1 suit (Korean) so I would have to buy another one , and might be pricey , what could I charge to offset the cost and what would the interest be .Right now we just take pictures in it .....

My son and I both own Mark Vs-- Now used only as décor

In SoCal we had a very active origination called the Classic Equipment Divers- I was member number 18 .

We met once a month in SoCal and took turn dressing out members and in turn diving various member's helmets.

It was fun while it lasted -- but insurance costs became prohibitive and the origination was disbanded

There is a beginning and middle and an end to every thing good or bad

Sam Miller, III

very cool....i also did it at the hyperbarics international with Dick Rutkowski's class in Key Largo....an extreme experience.

doesn't historic diving society still have try dives with a helmet?

Northeast Diving Equipment Group allows divers to try out MK5 dress and do a dive every Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends at Dutch Springs.

Divers institute of Technology used to have a standard dress dive, but I don't think they do anymore. Plus, you would have to pay the 50,000 tuition just to attend lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom