Harness for the ultralight BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_sirhc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is the speed harness for the ultralight bp the same as the normal hog harness?
Can I use the bp with the normal quick release harness (eg DiveRite deluxe QR harness) as well?

The speed harness is 10 feet of two inch (50mm) webbing. Any harness with two inch webbing will work. If you plan to use an adjustable harness the Oxycheq Deluxe Adjustable Harness will fit both men and women much better as the shoulder pads are contoured and fit the bust are much better.

The Deluxe Harness fit much like top end backpacks for hiking.

Br

The speed harness is just ordinary webbing? How does it works? I tried looking for it on Oxycheq site but finds nothing.

The speed harness is just ordinary webbing? How does it works? I tried looking for it on Oxycheq site but finds nothing.
Basically the speed harness is just a single piece of continuous webbing that forms the shoulder harness and waist harness.
Its called the speed harness cos the shoulder harness can be adjusted easily by pulling the waist straps

Basically the speed harness is just a single piece of continuous webbing that forms the shoulder harness and waist harness.
Its called the speed harness cos the shoulder harness can be adjusted easily by pulling the waist straps

So whats the difference of this speed harness from the ordinary Hog harness or ordinary Backplate harness? what makes the adjustment easier? Adjusting shoulder strap on my back plate is a real hassle.

Please excuse my ignorance.

From what I gather, their is no difference. I bet the speed harness does not come with d-rings, just webbing and a plastic buckle. You can get webbing for super cheap just check around, no need to a buy a new harness. I am looking at getting an ultralight bp for travel, I will have 2 d-rings, one on the right shoulder, and left hip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom