Has anyone been able to order from vintagedoublehose.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That squared off crush seal replaced a regular o-ring (013 I think) at some point in the SP oem rebuild kits. The seal or o-ring seals the HP seat, and you have to carefully set the o-ring in place; if it's crooked, the reg will leak around the seat with a loud scary hiss. My guess is that enough ill-prepared SP techs couldn't figure it out easily enough so they replaced it with the square profile crush seal, which fits great and is fairly idiot proof to install. The o-ring works fine, just make sure you seat it, pushing it evenly into it's spot against the lip down in the HP chamber and you'll be fine.

halocline, I understand what you are saying. The normal round o-ring's OD is a little bigger; therefore, it took some times to align it evenly. Let's see how it comes out when I test it.
Thanks.

Hope they work for you. Let us know as I`m rebuilding 3 MK10`s with VDH`s kits. I`ll be finishing them up next weekend when I get a tank and finalize everything. The videos that Bryan put up on the MK10`s and G250`s got me into the dark side!

Same here lol but also helps alot. I watched those multiple times and still turned them on while doing it to double check

Back
Top Bottom