Has Anyone been on La Galigo Liveaboard since 'The' Review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wasn’t on the first trip, but friends of mine had their Turks charter washed out a few years ago by a hurricane. Aggressor put them up in a hotel on land and gave them a free trip at a later date to make it up (which I did join.)

I was pretty impressed with that.

On Cayman Aggressor V the coffee machine broke on the second day or so. Official corporate response was to suck it and replace the machine after we crossed back to Grand Cayman. I don’t drink coffee but the rest of the boat was a little agitated. I think that was the second trip on the new boat so still shaking down some things. :)

On Cayman Aggressor V the coffee machine broke on the second day or so. Official corporate response was to suck it and replace the machine after we crossed back to Grand Cayman. I don’t drink coffee but the rest of the boat was a little agitated. I think that was the second trip on the new boat so still shaking down some things. :)

Haha I'm not big on coffee but I know the feeling. A while back the coffee machine in my office broken, and all the coffee drinkers in the office seemed a little stabby that morning :giggle:

@ Landfish - Don't know if you found a LOB yet but there are still 2 rooms available on our RA LOB - 11 night Jan 20, 2019 on the Samambaia (https://travel.padi.com/liveaboard/indonesia/samambaia).

I've only been on 1 LOB - the Turks & Caicos Aggressor. Thought it was nice, the staff worked their tail off to keep us happy & safe. Had an A/C problem the 1st night causing a 6 hour delay so Aggressor comp'd everyone with free Nitrox the entire trip - fair enough.

@ Landfish - Don't know if you found a LOB yet but there are still 2 rooms available on our RA LOB - 11 night Jan 20, 2019 on the Samambaia (https://travel.padi.com/liveaboard/indonesia/samambaia).

I've only been on 1 LOB - the Turks & Caicos Aggressor. Thought it was nice, the staff worked their tail off to keep us happy & safe. Had an A/C problem the 1st night causing a 6 hour delay so Aggressor comp'd everyone with free Nitrox the entire trip - fair enough.

Thanks for the tip. I have decided to give La Galigo a go.

Re LOB, I've been on a few of Aggressors and Mermaid before, and I've had great times on Aggressors. Raja Ampat Aggressor was my first choice but they were booked out by the time I figured out my schedule.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and advice xoxo

I was going to suggest Walacea Cruises because they seem to have room on 2 separate boats at your chosen time. I only know one of the boats but I haven't been on her since the complete refurbishment this year. Looking forward to seeing it soon.

I was going to suggest Walacea Cruises because they seem to have room on 2 separate boats at your chosen time. I only know one of the boats but I haven't been on her since the complete refurbishment this year. Looking forward to seeing it soon.

Just looked up Ambai and Seahorse...nice boats!

I just got back from a week on La Galigo in Komodo and would highly recommend it.

In fairness we were very lucky, most people came solo but everyone got on well and there was a great atmosphere during the whole trip. Conditions were also very good, we were able to get down to manta alley for what our cruise director said were her best manta dives of the season. But aside from that, the boat was in great condition, the crew were very friendly and helpful and the cruise director named Aly was amazing, I’d go on any boat she’s leading in the future.

I can’t address all the points brought up in this previous review like the leaky ceiling as we didn’t have any rain but as far as I know none of the other guests had any complaints about their cabins.

Also can’t echo any of the complaints about safety. I dove air but I know the crew were being thorough about making sure everyone on nitrox analysed their tanks and recorded their max depth after the dive, briefings were detailed and under the water the guides were extremely capable and I felt in safe hands. They also were also going out to do current checks before every dive.

Sorry for gushing a little but I just want to reassure anyone else considering the boat because I might not have booked if I’d read that review before now and I really did have a fantastic time, best liveaboard experience for me so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom